Attorneys Probate Domestic Criminal Personal Injury Business

Domestic Relations

At Pater, Pater & Halverson, we understand that the issues surrounding domestic relations are about more than the law. They're also very personal. That's why we are committed to helping individuals and families make a smooth transition to the next part of their life during this difficult time.

If you are contemplating ending your marriage, we can advise you on the differences between divorce and dissolution so you can determine the best option for your family. Our experienced lawyers will guide you through the difficult legal process and fight for your rights to all the assets you're entitled to, including spousal support and/or child support.

Custody is a complex legal and emotional issue. Our experienced lawyers at Pater, Pater & Halverson will take some of the burden out of the process for you. We can help you determine if shared parenting or joint custody is an option, or if it's in the best interest of the child(ren) for one parent to have full custody. We will fight for your rights as parent or guardian while advocating for a solution that's ultimately best for the child(ren).

We also offer expert advice on matters including separation agreements, property disbursement and any pension or retirement benefits.


Juvenile Court

It is important to note that in Ohio, both the Domestic Relations Court and the Juvenile Court handle child custody cases. The Juvenile Court handles custody if the parents are unmarried or in situations involving child abuse and neglect. If the parents are separated or divorced, all custody matters will be determined in Domestic Relations Court.

Issues of juvenile delinquency will be determined in Juvenile Court. If you or your child has been accused of a crime or a traffic violation, it is important to get advice before going to Juvenile Court. At Pater, Pater & Halverson, we can help you navigate the difficulties of the juvenile justice system and ensure you understand the long-term implications of a conviction in Juvenile Court.